CiviCon Colorado - Great conference, great venue!
With around 75 people in attendance, boasting a variety of end users, developers and implementers representing countries such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK and various states from across the US, CiviCon Colorado 2016 was the place to be! Fort Collins, Colorado made for a wonderful backdrop to greet this crowd for workshops, the conference, and the coding sprint that followed. Attendees enjoyed informal gatherings as well as a more formal reception al fresco to enjoy a beautiful Colorado evening with scenic mountain views.
As always, there were training sessions offered during the days leading up to the conference. From the CiviCRM Core Team, Josh, Tim and Coleman were in attendance to take part in this year's conference. Cividesk was proud to have the strongest showing of representation as a CiviCRM partner with 6 sessions and 3 lighting talks! During lunch on Thursday, we had the pleasure to welcome Adrienne Mansanares, Vice President and COO of the Colorado Nonprofit Association as our keynote speaker. Her organization recently implemented CiviCRM so she spoke on her role as a leader within the organization through the process of adopting this new system. She gave insight on how she communicated with the rest of the staff to manage a successful transition to CiviCRM so it was a topic that many could relate to as they considered their own roles and situations with implementation.
This year, there were three tracks of sessions for participants to consider:
1. Beginner - for those new to CiviCRM or with very little experience
2. Advanced - for more experienced users and developers
3. *NEW* this year - Community track offering open discussions about the CiviCRM community with topics such as improving the extension ecosystem, Stack Exchange (what works and what doesn't), the future of API and statistics (how to improve the portal and what types of statistics should be included.)
Some sessions that were highlighted this year included topics such as:
1. Case studies using WordPress
2. Payment processing in CiviCRM
3. Best practices for managing special events
4. What's New with CiviCRM and Accounting Integration
And much more! Stay tuned for details regarding the podcasts from CiviCon Colorado 2016. All sessions were recorded and will be available for viewing online soon.