Adding Anchors in CiviMail
When crafting a web page or an email, it is often nice to be able to link to content within the same page. This is called an "anchor". For example, it is popular to have an email table of contents and then link to the content below.
Doing this with CiviMail just takes a few clicks:
1. Go to the text that you would like to link to and highlight it. Click . Once the text has an anchor, a red flag will show next to the text.
2. Enter the name for the anchor. Do not use spaces or special characters like@ or !. Underscores and dashes are fine.
3. Go to the text you want to link from and select it. Click .
4. Change Link Type to Link to anchor in the text.
5. Under By anchor name select the anchor you already created.
That's it! It is always best to send yourself an email and test. If you have a large screen, you may not see the page change. If this happens, try on a smaller screen or your phone.